Nutrilite Health Institute Clinical Investigations and Trials
Nutrilite Health Institute clinical investigations and trials are focused on intervention
studies to evaluate the effects of plant concentrates, botanicals, and nutrient products on
markers of human health. The Nutrilite Health Institute also continues Nutrilite founder Carl
Rehnborg's commitment to scientifically-based products through clinical research programs.
A clinical study involves the evaluation of the functions of plant concentrates, and product prototypes in volunteers in a carefully controlled clinical setting and under the supervision of medical health care professionals.
Why do we do clinical research?
- Research - to advance science and knowledge regarding the benefits of dietary supplements and plant-based ingredients, and their mechanisms of action. We want to know not just if a product works, but also how it works.
- Reputation - specifically, to maintain Nutrilite's strong reputation for selling science-based supplements. As needed we conduct clinical research to evaluate the performance of Nutrilite ingredients and/or formulas. When we make claims about our products, we have confidence and stand behind them. We do not make claims we cannot substantiate.
- Integrity - to protect the integrity and trust of the Nutrilite brand.
To date, we have completed:
- 60 clinical studies on Nutrilite concentrates, products, and prototypes - some of this research is never seen by the public because if a prototype does not work, it does not become a Nutrilite product.
- 7 large scale nutrition assessment studies.
These numbers represent research conducted for over 60 years at 30 external research sites in seven different countries.